Sunday, May 27, 2018

Is sushi gluten free?

Sushi. It appears like such an easy gluten-free meal option, but it features many surprise pitfalls.

I go back and forth with it. When I first went gluten-free in 2011 I relied heavily on the Japanese special, and the one roll at the one sushi restaurant that I had vetted. Keep in mind: Consuming as a whole was quite boring throughout that time. I hesitated of everything.

Is sushi gluten free? As I learned the ropes of my brand-new diet and was shut off a bit after a bad response at a brand-new restaurant, I hardly ever consumed sushi for a while. But after spending a week in Japan last fall, it fell back into favor with me. Actually, I believe I simply decided what's for supper tonight.

Back to those pitfalls.

There's so much more to eating gluten-free sushi than preventing soy sauce (but please do not eat the soy sauce). Gluten is hidden in everything from the sushi itself, to the sauces that top it, to the kick of heat we contribute to it.

is sushi gluten free

No comments:

Post a Comment